Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Historical Plaque

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Historical Plaque

Equivalent terms

Historical Plaque

Associated terms

Historical Plaque

8 Results for Historical Plaque

8 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Auld Kirk Records Tell Story of Pioneer Church

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Scot-2017-03-16-06
  • Item
  • 1958-08-27

Article made from information compiled by Mr. and Mrs. Murray Faris from Auld Kirk records, and is a brief history of the Kirk and Scotch Settlement.

Bradford Witness

Coulson's Hill

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Rura-2016-07-11-02
  • Item
  • 2016

Coulson's Hill The hamlet of Coulson's Hill was named after the Coulson family who settled here in 1822. They donated the land for the two church properties and cemeteries. The Anglican church was built in 1854, the Presbyterian church in1857. Th...

Amanda Gallagher

Deerhurst

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Rura-2016-07-11-01
  • Item
  • 2016

Deerhurst - from 1830, mail was received for the early settlers at John Gill's beer shanty at Deerhurst on the Penetang Road, midway between line 12 and line 13. On April 1st, 1863 and official post office opened near this same location and served...

Amanda Gallagher

Mount Pleasant

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Rura-2016-07-11-05
  • Item
  • 2016

Mount Pleasant, aka Botchtown; Mount Pleasant was the name Gilbert Robinson chose for his stately home on the north half of lot 15 con. 8 in West Gwillimbury. The name spilled over to the adjacent hamlet that grew up at the corner of the 9th line ...

Amanda Gallagher

Old Records and Books Should Be Preserved

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Scot-2017-03-16-04
  • Item
  • 1958-07-20

Article on memory and physical presence of history/heritage in a community like Bradford. Based on the unveiling of the Auld Kirk cemetery plaque (see Related Description below) and Murray Faris' preservation of the Auld Kirk's records.

Bradford Witness

Plaque to the Dutch Settlers in Ansnorveldt

  • CA BWGPL WEG-Mar-2016-10-21-07
  • Item
  • 1976-06-05

From the back of the photograph: "On Saturday, June 5, 1976, and historical plaque commemorating the "Dutch Settlement of Holland Marsh" was unveiled at the Old Schoolhouse in the village of Ansnorveldt. This plaque was erected by the Ontario Heri...

Sir William Mulock plaque unveiling

  • CA BWGPL LHC-HER-Mulock-2016-10-21-06
  • Item
  • 1958-09-28

From the reverse of picture: "On September 28, 1958, an historical plaque commemorating Sir William Mulock was unveiled in the village of Bond Head, Simcoe County. This plaque is one of a series being erected throughout the province by the Archaeo...

The Hollows

  • CA BWGPL LHC-Rura-2016-06-28-02
  • Item
  • 2016

In 1823, John Garbutt, an early magistrate in the township, settled on the north half of lot 10 con. 12. Around him came others to form a small community. An early school was replaced by a brick one in 188 which still stands today as a private res...

Peter Wilson