Bradford West Gwillimbury Public Library Archives

Item OS10279 - S.S. #11, Pinkerton School

Identity area

Reference code

CA BWGPL WEG-Sch-OS10279

Title

S.S. #11, Pinkerton School

Date(s)

  • (Creation)

Level of description

Item

Extent and medium

Photograph

Context area

Name of creator

Archival history

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

S.S. #11, Pinkerton School
This school was named after surveyor and settler Matthew Pinkerton. He built the log schoolhouse in 1840 on the NE corner of his lot (Con. 10, lot 6). A new, brick school was built in 1873 kitty-corner to the old one by Thomas Sleight, and was the first of its kind in the area. By 1908, a better brick school was built with two entrances and a bell tower, the one seen in the photograph. The school was in use at least until the late 1950s.

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling

Accruals

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Allied materials area

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Subject access points

Description control area

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Digital object metadata

Media type

Image

Mime-type

image/jpeg

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area